Terms & Conditions
The term '[The Knitting Shed]' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without [The Knitting Shed]'s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
We are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please contact us using the link on the home page.
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping basket. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
All orders are placed via our Secure Online Ordering Facility ensuring that your personal details are safe. Orders submitted via the website will be confirmed to you by email although we may call you if there should be any problem with stock availability, payment, processing or delivery. Products placed in your basket are not reserved until your order is placed.
Payment and Prices
The prices advertised on this site are for Internet orders. Payment in UK pounds sterling will be required at the time of ordering. We accept all major credit cards including MasterCard and Visa credit cards Maestro, Electron, Solo, JCB, Delta and Visa affiliated debit cards on this site. All prices exclude shipping and handling costs and this will be clearly shown before the final stage of ordering. All transactions on this site are processed on a secure server using the latest security methods.
(1) Out of stock items will be refunded if an alternative is not acceptable.
(2) All prices shown include VAT and can be subject to change without notice.
(3) You may also send your payment details via phone, fax or land mail.
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Shipping And Handling
Postage and packaging is charged at the following rates:
(Rates to include VAT at 20%)
|Value of Order||UK (Inc VAT)||*Europe (Inc VAT)||*World (Inc VAT)|
|Up to £10.00||£3.90||£5.50||£15.00|
Details of postage and delivery charges are automatically calculated and shown at the 'Checkout' stage of the ordering process.
*POSTAGE CHARGES OUTSIDE THE UK*
PLEASE NOTE THAT POSTAGE RATES FOR EUROPE AND THE REST OF WORLD DESTINATIONS ARE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY AS THE ACTUAL COSTS CAN VARY SIGNIFICANTLY DEPENDING ON WEIGHT AND VOLUME. BEFORE ACCEPTING AN ORDER WE WILL CONFIRM ACTUAL POSTAGE CHARGES PRIOR TO DISPATCH.
We will do our best to make sure you get your order as soon as possible and aim to dispatch orders in stock within 24 hours of receipt of payment. UK customers should receive your order within 3 working days. European Customers should receive your order within 3-5 working days and overseas customer should receive your order within 5 to 7 working days. If there is likely to be a delay beyond 10 days we will tell you either by email or telephone.
If an item is no longer in stock we will back order the item for you. If this is the case we will contact you with the option to cancel or modify the order if you would prefer not to wait and offer a refund.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20% VAT is already included in all our prices. If you wish to order from outside the EU please telephone us to place your order with VAT free prices.
Credit Card Security
RBS WorldPay one of the UK’s leading Payment Gateway Providers facilitates our card processing. When you place an order, all credit card numbers and details are encrypted using complex logarithm methods. No banking details are ever held by The Knitting Shed.
The Knitting Shed guarantees that all products will perform as stated when used according to the instructions. All our products come with a 7-day no quibble guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights. If you are unhappy with your product, return it to us strictly within 7 days and you will receive a refund less the cost of postage and packaging.
Returns and Refunds Policy
If for any reason your order does not fulfill your expectations, please return any goods to us unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition within 7 days of receipt and we will gladly exchange them or refund the cost of the goods. Please wrap goods very securely, giving full details, and return them to us by registered delivery and keep the receipt. We cannot accept liability for goods lost or damaged in transport. Please note that return postage will not be refunded and we do not offer freepost on returned items. Please note that due to copyright laws we are unable to accept returns of pattern books.
We are committed to providing customers with high quality products and service. However, on rare occasions products may be found to be faulty or defective. In the unlikely event that goods purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact The Knitting Shed within 5 days to arrange collection and return. The Knitting Shed is responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned goods, the price of the goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the goods. Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, The Knitting Shed does not sell products on a trial basis and customers are advised to check suitability of products before ordering.
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the home page. If you have a problem with any of our products, please contact us. We endeavor to respond to all complaints within 5 working days.
We do not disclose buyers' information to third parties.
We hope you enjoy shopping at The Knitting Shed.